Tuesday 23 April 2013

Er...

Yep, I'm still here - who'd have imagined?

Oh - hi, Fred...

Anyhow, it seems I'm susp- er, 'on leave' for a while owing to some misunderstanding about whether diplomatic immunity applies in cases of parking offenses committed while "picking up the kids from school".

The school in this case is an elementary military tactical training facility for clones on Triton - the double-yellow line is a no-parking zone 20000 kilometers from the surface. The 'kids' are, on average, genetically enhanced cyborgs with the simulated memories and life experiences of the average 25-year-old trooper, bound for service with the Kaplan of Arcturus Nine. Forty thousand of them.

So I naturally took it amiss when the Kaplanite showed up with a fleet of warships and parked them in close orbit, ostensibly to transport the student body home for tea. Yeah, right.

Unfortunately, the Patrols Magistrate took a different view and awarded me a 30-day* suspension, so I'm free to pursue other interests for the time being.


Anyhow, I felt a little redecorating was in order, so here you go. I've also updated the links bar, so you've somewhere new to open tabs to.

Have a wander around - I'll be back in a bit with more stuff.

Whether you find it of interest is, of course, up to you :-)

And on we go...


*Neptunian days - I'm free! Free!

No comments:

A New Chapter...

 In Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country, Dr. McCoy describes himself as having been, "...for the past 27 years, Chief Medical Office...