Wednesday 14 January 2009

I Need A Bigger Living Room...

"Why?"

I hear you ask.

Well, Fred, it's like this - today I bought a 40" Samsung LCD TV (on which I'm watching Doctor Who right now), two-and-a-half times the physical size of my old telly and about €400 less than I would have paid if I hadn't travelled north to Newry, Co. Down to buy it.

There's a story there; a story of recession, of government panic, of the sudden death of the Celtic Tiger, of government short-sightedness, of people prepared to travel to do the weekly shop for half the price...

But I digress.

It's brilliant! Picture is sharp without being eye-watering, contrast is superb, pixellation on a normal digital signal is hardly noticeable, DVD playback - Ahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaa!!!

Pretty good.

I'm going to put in cinema seats, get a popcorn machine and charge admission.

I'll be rich beyond the dreams of avarice...

2 comments:

PJ said...

Sounds like a plan. Next time I visit Dublin I'll expect a good seat in an aisle seat half way back.

Captain Incredible said...

With drinks served at the intermission and little cheesy things on sticks...

Absolutely!

A New Chapter...

 In Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country, Dr. McCoy describes himself as having been, "...for the past 27 years, Chief Medical Office...