Monday 15 June 2009

Monday...

...And I've gotta get out of here, I've gotta make everything clear...

So today it was hard labour, moving half a ton of scrap-to-be down two floors to the basement, around the underground labyrinth before, like Sisyphus rolling his stone uphill, I had to push it up a 45 degree gradient to where the truck waited, at ground level.

Unlike Sisyphus, I had help. So that was good.

The rest of the morning was spent with applications' requests for resources, a couple of special backups, the near-conclusion of the purchase of a new lineprinter (that started in March!) and something about loaves and fishes that one of our subsidiaries seems to think I can do and won't take 'No, dammit!' for an answer.

And so to lunch.

It was nice.

I had chicken.

The afternoon brought troubleshooting:

Data Protector backup failures (just a glitch, I'm sure);
Data Protector report failures (see above);
Data Protector user instruction;
Data Protector user correction;

Change control - a seven-page extravaganza (did I spell that correctly?) that I may have mentioned previously;

A thank-you and closure of a forum thread that solved a problem in short order;

Data Protector licensing changes;

SAN client resource provision and deployment;

Investigation of weekend security issue (nothing much* to do with me - I was just helping out);

Discussion of same and relative comedic merits of Steve Martin movies, to wit, Martin's most recent funny movie. Some schools of thought contend that 'Dirty Rotten Scoundrels' is his most recent comedy triumph, whereas others suggest that 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' is the capstone of his career.

Personally, I feel that 'Planes...' was funny more for the pathos-laden performance of the late John Candy than for the contribution of Steve Martin, while '..Scoundrels' marked the true pinnacle of his career to date (Ruprecht the Monkey Boy a masterpiece).

But I digress:

Sourcing and provision of operating manual for associate team use.
.
.
.
Groceries.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Reboot observation of a business-critical server (it worked fine, in case you were wondering).
.
Diary update...
.
And here we are.

Think Tuesday's gonna be any better? I've got Vista training and they haven't even given me a Vista workstation yet. What does that say?

Tune in tomorrow and find out...

*Early-morning insomnia-busting phone message (but we won't go into that)...

No comments:

A New Chapter...

 In Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country, Dr. McCoy describes himself as having been, "...for the past 27 years, Chief Medical Office...